What is Yoga?
The word “Yoga” comes from the Sanskrit term meaning to yoke or to unite. Practicing yoga creates balance in body, mind, and spirit. At the physical level, Yoga is a scientific art designed to bring health and harmony to the various systems and areas of the body and mind mainly through postures (asanas), breath control (pranayama), and meditation (dhyana).
Benefits of Yoga?
The practice of yoga holds many benefits and can create a positive permanent difference to the life of anybody practicing it on a regular basis.
Some of the positive benefits of regular yoga practice include:
- Stress relief
- Improved concentration, determination and mental focus
- Improved flexibility, balance and strength
- Improved core strength
- Increased energy and vitality
- Increased cardiovascular endurance
- Improved immune functioning and digestion
- Calms the nervous system
- Weight management
- Emotionally uplifting and life affirming
- Greater self-awareness and well-being
What to bring?
- Yoga Mat (available to rent or buy)
- Reusable water bottle
- Comfortable clothing to move and sweat in
- Arrive well hydrated
*Please arrive early
*Please tell your instructor if you have any injuries, limitations or if you are pregnant
*Avoid coming on a full stomach BUT make sure you are well nourished so you have all the energy you will need for your yoga class.
*Please refrain from wearing strong perfumes or cologne to yoga class
*Please remember to silence or turn off your cell phone during yoga class